We are so happy you are interested in learning more about ministry opportunities at The First Presbyterian Church of Holland, Michigan. We hope this site will give you a flavor of who we are, and the community we serve.
First Presbyterian Church is currently in the process of searching for an addition to our staff. We are seeking either an
As part of this search at First Presbyterian Church of Holland, we have developed these pages to assist potential candidates to gain a better understanding of who we are as a church community, our Mission and Values, and a list of resources about the greater Holland community.
We are an open and affirming church, welcoming all people to join us in our activities and worship. We accept into membership anyone who professes their faith in Jesus Christ, and elect and ordain into leadership any member who is called by God to work in and through the church.
First Presbyterian Church of Holland was founded with 102 charter members on June 29, 1958. We are a member church of PCUSA. Over the years the congregation has grown, currently serving 435 members. Mission has always been at the core of our giving and serving the community of Holland.
· One of the leaders in starting the Community Action House
· Chartering Boy Scout Troop 147 for over 50 years
· Home of the First Presbyterian Preschool
· Volunteering at the Community Kitchen
· Building homes through Habitat for Humanity
· Adult and youth mission trips for disaster relief and other needs in New Jersey, New Orleans, Washington, D.C., South Dakota, Colorado and Pittsburg
· Support for transitional housing families
· Collecting gifts for nursing home residents
· Partner in support of the Care Closet, where those in need can find basic supplies
· Coat, hat, mitten and blanket drives
FPC Holland offers a wide range of activities and opportunities for learning, spiritual growth, and creating a church family:
· Sunday Church school for kids, youth and adults
· Women’s Retreat
· Men’s Book Group
· Women’s Book Group
· Young Families
· Men’s Bible Study
· Presbyterian Women Circles
· Adult and youth choirs
· Bell choir
· Dinners for 7
· Theater and Dinner Group
· Film Group
· Worship Center Leaders Group
· Small Group Studies
· Family Camp at Camp Greenwood each year
· Canoe trip (44 years and counting)
Local School Systems