We are hiring.
Office Administrator: Provide communication, information and record keeping for the church with a spirit of hospitality. As the primary contact for the church, this person will enjoy interacting with the public and working with a wide variety of employees and church members in a faith environment. They will be comfortable multi-tasking and working both independently and collaboratively. They are detail oriented, organized, flexible and anticipate the needs of the church. For a more detailed job description click HERE. Qualified applicants should email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nursery Supervisor: Our Nursery Supervisor will oversee and provide care and supervision of children (birth through 3 years of age) so parents are able to attend worship. This is a part-time position averaging 4 hours per Sunday. For more information please email email@example.com
We are so happy you are interested in learning more about the ministry opportunities at First Presbyterian Church of Holland, Michigan. We hope this site will give you a flavor of who we are as a church, and the community we serve.
As part of this search at First Presbyterian Church of Holland, we have developed these pages to assist potential candidates to gain a better understanding of who we are as a church community, our Mission and Values, and a list of resources about the greater Holland community.
About First Presbyterian Church of Holland, Michigan
We are an open and affirming church, welcoming all people to join us in our activities and worship. We accept into membership anyone who professes their faith in Jesus Christ, and elect and ordain into leadership any member who is called by God to work in and through the church.
First Presbyterian Church of Holland was founded with 102 charter members on June 29, 1958. We are a member church of PCUSA. Over the years the congregation has grown, currently serving 435 members. Mission has always been at the core of our giving and serving the community of Holland.
· One of the leaders in starting the Community Action House
· Chartering Boy Scout Troop 147 for over 50 years
· Home of the First Presbyterian Preschool
· Volunteering at the Community Kitchen
· Building homes through Habitat for Humanity
· Adult and youth mission trips for disaster relief and other needs
· Support for transitional housing families
· Collecting gifts for nursing home residents
· Partner in support of the Care Closet, where those in need can find basic supplies
· Coat, hat, mitten and blanket drives
FPC Holland offers a wide range of activities and opportunities
for learning, spiritual growth, and creating a church family:
· Sunday Church school for kids, youth and adults
· Women’s Retreat
· Men’s Book Group
· Women’s Book Group
· Young Families
· Men’s Bible Study
· Presbyterian Women Circles
· Adult and youth choirs
· Bell choir
· Dinners for 7
· Theater and Dinner Group
· Film Group
· Worship Center Leaders Group
· Small Group Studies
· Family Camp at Camp Greenwood each year
· Canoe trip (44 years and counting)
About Our Community
Holland Michigan is a small city located on the shores of Lake Michigan. We are about 40 minutes west of Grand Rapids (Michigan’s second largest city) and about 2 1/2 hours driving time from Chicago. Listed below are a series of local community links to provide insight to our community and the various resources around the area.
Local School Systems