Purpose statement: Ministry position focused on spiritual growth and discipleship across the generations as well as providing general pastoral ministry and worship leadership
Reports to: Head of Staff and through her to the Personnel Committee
Hours of work: This is a full-time position with PCUSA pension program benefits
Compensation: As negotiated
Description of Characteristics
In order to be successful in this position the person needs to possess the following characteristics
- Ordination in the PCUSA, or one of the formula of agreement denominations.
- Passion for teaching and learning.
- Passion for ministry across generations and intergenerational ministry
- Biblically based, but not a literalist and able to offer contemporary perspective on the Biblical message
- Open to new ideas, non-judgmental, good boundaries, and welcoming to all.
- Organized and communicative.
- Ability to work effectively independently and collaboratively as a friend among colleagues.
- Leads Youth Ministry Team including recruiting volunteers, collaborating with others to provide youth with opportunities for spiritual exploration and growth, mission engagement and fellowship.Fosters intergenerational learning experiences
- Collaborates with Coordinator for Mission Partnerships to provide education/action/reflection opportunities in mission engagement
- Organizes and Teaches Confirmation class
- Supervises Children’s Ministry Coordinator
- Coordinates learning opportunities for adults including teaching and securing outside presenters
- Coordinates and supports fellowship and spiritual growth for young families
- Assists the Pastor/Head of Staff in providing general pastoral ministry, including hospital visitation, visiting home bound members, weddings, funerals and preaching 6-8 times per year.
- Serves as primary staff resource for Spiritual Growth Council
- Provides collegial addition to the staff team
- Attends weekly staff meetings
- Communicates regularly with the FPC community via e-weekly, Profiles (monthly newsletter)
- Tends to one’s own well-being and family
Relates closely with the Head of Staff ,Children’s Ministry Coordinator and Youth Ministry volunteers, the entire staff team as well as elders of the Spiritual Growth Council.
Performance in this position will be reviewed annually by the Head of Staff with input from the Elders for Spiritual Growth
CLICK HERE TO APPLY